Looking for unique present ideas? The gift of a MasterClass subscription can be the perfect choice.
MasterClasses are: fun, educational, and a unique opportunity to learn from world-class icons.
Sound like what you’re looking for?
Let’s get stuck in!
In this MasterClass Gift article, I’ll talk you through:
- What MasterClass is
- What your gift options are
- How much does a MasterClass gift cost
- How to gift a MasterClass (step-by-step guide)
- MasterClass gift ideas
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is MasterClass?
MasterClass is an online learning platform that gives access to the world’s best instructors. These are household names that are at the forefront of the field.
MasterClasses take the form of a set of videos often accompanied by a PDF workbook complete with assignments and further reading. Generally the classes are around 3 hours in length, broken into 15-20 lessons.
They are educational and fun, making them the perfect gift for any occasion.
For more detail on the platform and how it works check out our MasterClass review.
MasterClass gift options
There are three ways to experience MasterClass and you can choose to gift any of these options.
- Individual subscription (one user)
- Due subscription (two users)
- Family subscription (up to 6 users)
The Table below shows you what to expect for each kind of subscription:
|Users who can access MasterClass at the same time||1||2||6|
|Access to every MasterClass||✔||✔||✔|
|Access to MasterClass sessions||✔||✔||✔|
|Watch on computer, TV, phone or tablet||✔||✔||✔|
|Download for offline viewing||No||✔||✔|
And if you are reading this before 9pm on 9th May you can take advantage of the MasterClass Mother's Day offer and gift Duo or Family membership for the same price as an individual membership.
How much does a MasterClass gift cost?
A MasterClass individual subscription is $15 per month, Duo (2 users) is $20 per month and Family (6 users) $23 per month – all are billed annually.
For full details on MasterClass' pricing structure check out our article on MasterClass cost.
MasterClass gift ideas: topics and classes
MasterClass has over 150 courses available and are adding new courses all the time.
Some of the courses available are:
- Gordon Ramsay Teaches Cooking 1 & 2
- Wolfgang Puck Teaches Cooking
- Aaron Franklin Teaches Texas-Style BBQ
- Thomas Keller Teaches Cooking Techniques 1, 2 & 3
- Massimo Bottura Teaches Modern Italian Cooking
- Yotam Ottolenghi Teaches Modern Middle Eastern Cooking
- Timbaland Teaches Producing and Beatmaking
- Deadmau5 Teaches Electronic Music Production
- Hans Zimmer Teaches Film Scoring
- Carlos Santana Teaches the Art and Soul of Guitar
- Tom Morello Teaches Electric Guitar
- St. Vincent Teaches Creativity and Songwriting
- Christina Aguilera Teaches Singing
Sports and Games
- Garry Kasparov Teaches Chess
- Daniel Negreanu Teaches Poker
- Phil Ivey Teaches Poker Strategy
- Serena Williams Teaches Tennis
- Misty Copeland Teaches Ballet Technique and Artistry
Arts and Entertainment
- Robin Roberts Teaches Effective and Authentic Communication
- Penn and Teller Teach the Art of Magic
- David Lynch Teaches Creativity and Film
- Steve Martin Teaches Comedy
Design and Style
- Tan France Teaches Style for Everyone
- Bobbi Brown Teaches Makeup and Beauty
- Annie Leibovitz Teaches Photography
- Marc Jacobs Teaches Fashion Design
How to gift a MasterClass (step-by-step guide)
Now that you’ve decided which MasterClass you would like to give, here’s how to do it in 4 easy steps.
Step One: Choose your gift membership option
- Go to masterclass.com/gift
- Click on Give the Gift of a MasterClass
- Select Individual, Duo or Family membership
Step Two: Create a MasterClass account
- Once you have chosen your gift option, click on Continue
- You will see a screen that looks like this:
As you can see, you will need:
- An email address or
- A Facebook account or
- A Google account
Step 3: Personalize your gift
You’re almost there!
Once you’ve created your account, you’ll be taken to the order completion zone.
Here, you can enter the name and email address of your recipient, as well as add a gift message.
You can opt to send the gift immediately or schedule a delivery time so that it arrives on their big day.
Top tip: MasterClass does not currently offer gift cards. However, if you would like to present your gift physically, you can put your email address in the Student Email option and print out the gift email to go in your own card.
Step 4: MasterClass payment
Your final payment screen will look something like this:
You can pay using:
- Visa Card
- American Express
- Discover Card
And once your payment is complete, you should receive an email receipt.
How to redeem your MasterClass gift
Redeeming or activating your MasterClass gift is very simple. All you need is the email from MasterClass notifying you of your gift code.
Top tip: if you’re expecting an eGift but can’t see it in your inbox, check your Junk Mail folder.
Step 1: click on Activate Annual Pass (or equivalent for a single class)
Step 2: sign up to MasterClass using an email address, Facebook or Google. Note: you will not need to pay as your gift is prepaid
Step 3: get learning!
Now that you have everything you need to know about giving a MasterClass as a gift, visit MasterClass here!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, MasterClass has a gift option for both all three of its subscription type.
Individual membership is $180, Duo membership is $240 and Family membership is $276.
MasterClass does not currently offer swaps. However, they do offer a 30 day money back guarantee on gifts from the time of activation (not purchase). If the recipient is unhappy with their class, you can return it for a full refund within 30 days and then purchase another at no extra cost.
If you give a MasterClass as a gift, it is a stand alone purchase. It will not automatically renew.
Yes – when purchasing, there is a Deliver on option which allows you to select the delivery date. For example, you could place the order two weeks before a birthday but select the eGift to deliver on the recipient’s birthday.
You can only buy gifts for one recipient at a time. If you want to do several, you will have to go through the gift process each time. That said, once you have signed up once, it becomes much quicker to order a gift.
If your recipient hasn’t received their gift you can: 1) Check if the eGift was delivered to their Junk Mail folder accidentally (for Gmail in particular, MasterClass gifts often go to the Promotions folder), 2) Ensure that the delivery date and time has elapsed. If you accidentally selected a different time zone, it may deliver a few hours later than expected,
3) Contact MasterClass at firstname.lastname@example.org
Glenda is an award winning full time professional harpist. Alongside harp she also plays the piano and violin. Besides music, her passions are cooking, writing and learning.