MasterClass is one of the most popular e-learning platforms out there. And good news: there’s now a MasterClass Black Friday 2020 deal available!
MasterClass deals are incredibly rare. In fact, in the past year or so, I’ve only seen one other deal like this crop up.
As with all Black Friday deals, this is operating for a limited time only. So, let me give you the lowdown on the MasterClass Black Friday offer and help you get a great deal!
Here’s what’s in store:
- What is MasterClass’ Black Friday promotion?
- Is the Black Friday offer actually a good deal?
- How the deal works
- MasterClass Black Friday eligibility
- What does the All-Access Pass include?
- Example classes available on MasterClass
- Advantages of MasterClass
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is the MasterClass Black Friday promotion?
The MasterClass Black Friday offer is:
Buy one annual membership, give one free.
Is the Black Friday deal a good deal?
Now, if you’re no stranger to Black Friday deals, you’ll likely know that often Black Friday deals aren’t as good as they seem. Often prices are hiked ahead of time so that you think you’re getting a good deal when you’re actually not.
This is not the case with MasterClass.
MasterClass has been priced at $180 for a single All-Access Pass for quite some time. That means that this deal literally doubles your bang for your buck.
To purchase 2 All-Access Passes, it would typically cost you $360 (2 x $180).
Until November 30, 2020, it will only cost you $180.
“Only $180 dollars?!”, I hear you say!
If $180 dollars still sounds like a lot, don’t worry.
There are two scenarios for making use of the Black Friday deal:
- Buy a pass for you at $180 and gift the free one to someone else
This is the most obvious way and screams “amazing discounted Christmas present!”. You’ll likely be needing to spend money on gifts soon anyway so if you can tie it in with the Black Friday deal, that’s definitely a winner.
- Team up with a friend and split the cost
If you’re looking to pay less money upfront, you could team up with a friend and contribute $90 each to the upfront cost.
Rare MasterClass discount
Aside from being good value for money, MasterClass deals are incredibly rare.
If you’re looking for a better one to come along, you may not find one. And you’ll also likely be waiting a really long time!
How the MasterClass Black Friday deal works
There are 5 simple steps to getting your Black Friday deal.
Step 1: Visit MasterClass
Head to MasterClass and click Get Started.
Step 2: Create your MasterClass account
You’ll be taken to a sign-up form to create your MasterClass account.
You can sign up using a Facebook account, Google account, or email address.
Step 3: Purchase your 1 year All-Access Pass
You will then need to make payment for your purchase. At the top of the payment window you should be able to see your gift option listed.
Step 4: Send your free gift
Once you have made your purchase, you will receive a confirmation email and an email prompting you to send membership.
It will look something like this:
Complete the delivery form. You’ll need your recipient’s email address and you can also add a personal message or select it to deliver on a later date.
(If you don’t have your intended recipient’s details to hand, you can complete this step later.)
Step 5: Redeeming the MasterClass Black Friday gift pass
Your recipient should receive an email that looks like this:
They will need to click Activate Annual Pass and sign up to MasterClass as you did in Step 2.
The recipient will need to enter card details to redeem their gift. They will not be charged until their subscription auto-renews the following year. (They can cancel the auto-renew at any time.)
MasterClass Black Friday eligibility
To be eligible for the Black Friday deal you must:
- Never have participated in a past MasterClass 2-for-1 offer scheme
- Not have a current active annual pass membership
- Provide MasterClass with valid payment details
- Sign up to MasterClass directly (not through a 3rd party provider like Amazon/Roku/App Store)
What does the All-Access Pass include?
The Black Friday 2020 deal only applies to the All-Access Pass subscription. But you might be wondering:
“What exactly does an All-Access Pass get me?”
Exactly what it sounds like: you will get unlimited access to all 90+ courses available on MasterClass.
You can take them multiple times, take as many courses as you like and participate within the MasterClass community forums.
In my opinion, the All-Access Pass is the way to experience MasterClass because you get great value for money and get to experience the latest content without having to make additional purchases.
Example classes that are available on MasterClass
There are countless great options on MasterClass and they’re adding new classes all the time.
Some of the courses available are:
Food: Gordon Ramsay; Wolfgang Puck; Aaron Franklin; Thomas Keller; Massimo Bottura; Yotam Ottolenghi
Music: Timbaland; Deadmau5; Hans Zimmer; Carlos Santana; Tom Morello; St. Vincent; Christina Aguilera
Sports and Games: Garry Kasparov; Daniel Negreanu; Phil Ivey; Serena Williams; Misty Copeland
Arts and Entertainment: Robin Roberts; Penn and Teller; David Lynch; Steve
Design and Style: Tan France; Bobby Brown; Annie Leibovitz; Marc Jacobs
My personal favorites are Gordon Ramsay’s, Yotam Ottolenghi’s, St. Vincent’s and Tan France’s!
Advantages of MasterClass
MasterClass has made its name as a powerhouse in online learning, and for good reason.
There are some great advantages of learning with MasterClass.
- Learn from world-class instructors: The USP of MasterClass is that every single instructor is a household name and a master in their field. You cannot get this experience anywhere else.
- Structured classes and resources: While some similar information may be available elsewhere, MasterClass courses are packaged into well-structured, comprehensive courses that take the stress out of learning. You’ll often get a PDF workbook packed full of further reading suggestions and assignments.
- Incredible production quality: MasterClasses are just a joy to watch. Every single one feels like a cinematic experience. If you’ve ever tried to watch a YouTube tutorial with bad audio or fuzzy visuals, you know how important this is! The amazing production quality means that you can sit back and just enjoy learning.
- Online community: MasterClass has a really vibrant online community. That means that you never feel alone in your learning journey and there are plenty of people to discuss and push you forward in your learning.
- Money back guarantee: While I love MasterClass, I appreciate it’s not always the perfect fit for everyone. MasterClass lets you try risk-free with their 30 day money back guarantee*.
*It is important to note that once the free gift pass has been activated, you are no longer eligible for a refund on your purchase. Buy your All-Access Pass and schedule your gift pass to deliver at least 31 days later to ensure that you can get a refund if you need to.
The MasterClass Black Friday 2020 deal is hands down a steal.
- MasterClass’ stable pricing means that it’s a real deal not an inflated Black Friday scam
- It comes at a great time: an All-Access Pass makes a great gift — just in time for Christmas!
- MasterClass is an amazing platform for casual learning that’s fun and world-class
In fact, I actually first signed up to MasterClass with a similar buy one, gift one deal and I have no regrets. Definitely one of the best purchases I’ve made!
So what are you waiting for?
Frequently Asked Questions
Until November 30, 2020, you will be able to buy one All-Access Pass ($180) and gift another All-Access Pass for free.
You buy an All-Access pass for $180, and get another free. So you’re getting $360 worth of value of $180.
The offer runs from November 13 to the end of November 30.
No. The MasterClass Black Friday deal is only eligible through MasterClass directly.
The offer runs until November 30, 2020 11:59PM PT.
Yes. As long as a) you don’t have a current MasterClass subscription and b) you didn’t previously benefit from a similar 2-for-1 promotion, you will be eligible for the deal.
No. You must make a full priced purchase at $180 to be eligible for the free pass.
Yes. If not redeemed, the gift membership will 365 days after you make your purchase.
No. MasterClass does not allow you to give the other class to yourself.
You can choose to send the MasterClass gift on a later date. For example, you could buy your All-Access Pass today and set the gift delivery date for Christmas day. However, the gift will expire if not redeemed within 365 days of your purchase.
If your intended recipient already uses and loves MasterClass, that’s great! You can still give them the free gift and it will add 12 months onto their current subscription.
Yes. The recipient will need to follow the redemption link you send them. Once they have completed the steps, they will be able to log in to the MasterClass app where the gift will be active.
If you haven’t got your recipient’s email address to hand or you’re not sure who to send the gift to, don’t worry! You can click Schedule Later and you’ll be able to manage your gift from the menu when you’re logged into your MasterClass account. The gift must be redeemed within 365 days of purchase otherwise it will expire.
No. You can only delay the gift option. If you are the one purchasing the All-Access Pass, your membership will start immediately.
You can send the redemption link to as many people as you like. However, once the free gift has been redeemed, it will no longer work.
You can get a refund on your MasterClass Black Friday deal purchase. However, it must be requested before the free gift pass is redeemed. This is to prevent abuse of the promotion. The safest option is to send your free gift after the 30 day refund period has elapsed.
No. Unfortunately, this Black Friday deal only applies to new members (or past members who do not currently have an active subscription).
Yes. You can track and manage your gift when you are logged into your MasterClass account. Click on the drop-down menu on the top right of your screen and select the Gift option.