With 92 million learners and over 7,000 courses from top institutions such as Yale, Stanford and Google, Coursera has come to symbolize the best in eLearning.
And the great news is, that for a limited time only, you can get a substantial discount on a Coursera Plus annual subscription.
So, let me outline what’s on offer so you can take advantage of this Coursera discount before it expires.
Here’s what I’ll be covering:
- What is the Coursera discount offer and how does it work?
- Does the Coursera Black Friday & Cyber Monday discount represent a good deal?
- Coursera deal eligibility criteria
- About Coursera and best Coursera Classes
- Coursera pros
- Final thoughts
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Coursera Black Friday and Cyber Monday deal
The Coursera Black Friday promo deal is:
First month of Coursera Plus for $1 between November 1-24, 2023
How to get the Coursera Black Friday and Cyber Monday deal
Opening an account in Coursera is simple.
First, and most important, head on over to Coursera using one of our links.
Then just Join. All you need is an email address and password, or you can use your existing Facebook or Google details.
Provide your payment details and you’re good to go.
Coursera Black Friday and Cyber Monday deal eligibility
To be eligible for the Coursera Black Friday promo discount you must:
- Sign up during the promo period – November 1-24
- Be a new Coursera subscriber (though you can have purchased individual courses in the past)
What’s included in the Coursera Black Friday and Cyber Monday deal
The Coursera Black Friday deal gives you everything you'd normally receive from a Coursera Plus annual subscription. That is, certified access to 90% of the Coursera catalog (excluding full degrees and MasterTracks)
This includes all:
|High quality video content, transcripts and additional supporting resources
|Learn a practical skill
|A split screen workspace in which you complete a project with step-by-step video guidance. Certificate
|Master a Skill
|A series of course units, hands-on projects, gradable assignments and a Specialization Certificate.
|Get job ready for an in demand career
|A series of course units, hands on projects/assignments, a professional certificate that’s recognised by a range of hiring consortiums and access to job search resources.
You also get access to the Coursera community where you can start a conversation with other students, ask questions, showcase your work, etc.
Subjects covered by Coursera include:
- Data Science
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Physical Science and Engineering
- Social Sciences
- Personal Development
- Math and Logic
- Language Learning
- Arts and Humanities
Is Coursera Black Friday and Cyber Monday deal a good deal?
Coursera has not upped its subscription costs ahead of the deal and pricing has been stable for a long time.
This means the deal represents a genuine saving.
The Coursera promo discount means a subscription works out to just $1 a day to be taught by the world’s best and brightest – which is amazing value and a sound investment in you and your future.
Also, Coursera is 100% legit. Now in its eleventh year of operating, it is one of the world’s leading educational platforms.
It’s a public company with shares listed on the NYSE as well as being a Certified B Corporation – meaning it is formally designated as a business meeting high standards of verified performance, accountability, and transparency on a range of factors.
Coursera is one of the largest learning platforms in the world.
It was started in 2012 by two Stanford professors with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning.
Just seven years later Coursera achieved unicorn status (a valuation of $1bn+).
In 2020 alone, it attracted as many learners as its closest competitor did in its entire existence.
Today, Coursera has 92 million registered users and is partnered with 250+ leading universities and industry educators to offer over 7,000 courses and degree programs.
In addition, over 100 Fortune 500 companies, and more than 6,000 businesses, campuses and governments use Coursera to upscale or reskill their employees, students and citizens.
- 7,000+ courses in 11 Categories from Data Science to Personal Development
- 250 respected, prestigious partner institutions
- Teaching from leading academics, nobel prize winners, top authors, c-suite executives and leaders in their respective fields
- The chance to earn a certificate from the world’s top organisations
- Well structured and resourced courses and excellent teaching
- Huge catalogue of courses
- Learn offline
- 81% of learners give its courses a 5* rating
Example classes available on Coursera
There are countless great options on Coursera and they’re adding new classes all the time.
For example, as a result of their partnership with Google and Meta, there are a number of beginner level Professional Certificates that will prepare you to fill in-demand roles. These include:
- Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate
- Google UX Design Professional Certificate
- Google IT Support Professional Certificate
- Google Project Management: Professional Certificate
- Google Digital Marketing & E-commerce Professional Certificate
- Meta Front-End Developer Professional Certificate
- Meta Back-End Developer Professional Certificate
- Meta Database Engineer Professional Certificate
- Meta Android Developer Professional Certificate
- Meta iOS Developer Professional Certificate
- Meta Social Media Marketing Professional Certificate
- Meta Marketing Analytics Professional Certificate
To receive your discount and take any (or all) of these Professional Certificates click here.
Of course, the best course for you depends on what you’re interested in!
So to give you a clearer idea of what to expect from Coursera’s different learning paths, I’ve reviewed the top options in each category below:
- Course: Introduction to Psychology – Yale
- Guided Project: Chat GPT Playground for Beginners: Intro to NLP AI Coursera Project Network
- Specialization: Excel Skills for Business – MacQuarie University
- Professional Certificate: IBM Cyber Security Analyst – IBM
Top Coursera Course
Introduction to Psychology from Yale | Rating:4.9/5 | Level: Beginner
This course provides a thorough grounding in the scientific study of thought and behavior. It tackles fascinating topics such as fears, dreams, prejudices, perception, learning and persuasion. Basically it's a comprehensive and fascinating introduction to the study of the greatest question of all: What does it mean to be human?
Delivered by prolific author and award winning professor Paul Bloom from Yale University, the most commonly used words to describe it are insightful and inspirational. Bloom’s enthusiastic and down to earth approach garners much praise and makes this complex topic both accessible and exciting.
You will learn:
- Foundational psychological theories and findings in psychology (including Freud and Skinner)
- About research into development and language
- How language is learned, animal communication, language processing, and the relationship between language and thought.
- How we perceive the world, how attention works and how we record experiences in memory
- Key elements of social psychology
Top Coursera Guided Project
Chat GPT Playground for Beginners: Intro to NLP AI | Course type: Guided Project | Rating:4.8/5 | Length: approx 2 hours
Guided projects provide a split screen workspace in which you complete a project with step-by-step video guidance.
Your tutor, Rudi Hinds, is a software engineer, full stack developer and technical instructor at Coursera. His guided project walks you through the process of working with the fundamental operations of ChatGPT without any coding experience required.
- Receive an introduction to ChatGPT and understand how it works
- Deep dive into Tokens and Pricing
- Explore, and get to grips with, ChatGPT parameters
- Learn to guide AI Responses to a simulated chatbot
- Create an AI-powered Health Assistant and simulate a conversation between a family doctor and a patient.
Top Coursera Specialization
Excel Skills for Business | from MacQuarie University | Rating: 4.9/5
Instructor: Four tutors led by Nicky Bull, a corporate trainer, consultant and lecturer with over a decade of experience designing and delivering educational programs. She has also received the Coursera Outstanding Educator Award for Student Transformation in 2018.
Learn: How to apply Excel skills and techniques to solve a range of business problems, design sophisticated spreadsheets, perform complex calculations and operations, and use advanced Excel features and techniques confidently.
Includes: Four courses that start with the essentials and incrementally build in stretch and challenge. A hands-on project that needs to be successfully completed to earn the certificate.
Best for: Students with a working understanding of Excel will get the best value as although the course begins with Excel essentials, three of the course units focus on developing advanced Excel Skills. Features in our best Online Excel courses review.
Top Coursera Professional Certificate
IBM Cyber Security Analyst | IBM | Rating 4.6/5
Instructors: Tutors at IBM Security Learning Services
Learn: All the content you need to get job ready for a role in the Cybersecurity industry. Including basic Cybersecurity concepts and terms, key processes and frameworks, basic network security, vulnerabilities, incident response protocol and defence tactics.
Includes: 7 course units, assessments, a real-world security breach hands-on collaborative project, access to virtual labs, sites and industry tools. Completion also means you are eligible to earn the Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks IBM digital badge.
Best for: Anyone considering a role in Cybersecurity who is comfortable working with computers and willing to learn new technical skills. Also those who want to understand Cybersecurity from the bottom up and enjoy collaborative problem solving.
Other discount promo offers
You can see our general round up of all Black Friday Deals here.
Or check them out individually:
- MasterClass Black Friday 2 for 1
- Udemy Black Friday 80% off use code BFCP23
- Mindvalley Black Friday discount 40% discount locked in for life
- Coursera Black Friday/Cyber Monday discount
- Datacamp Black Friday 50% off
- Codecademy 50% off Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal use code CYBER23
- Skillshare Black Friday discount 50% off
- British Council LearnEnglish discount
- Pluralsight discount
- GetSmarter discount
- Guitareo discount
- Magoosh discount
- edX discount
- Brilliant discount
- Udacity discount
Coursera offers the opportunity to learn from the most prestigious universities and institutions in the world.
There’s a huge catalogue to choose from, courses are well structured, educationally sound and fully resourced. Teaching is delivered by recognized experts in their respective fields.
If you’re serious about investing in the best thing you can ever invest in – yourself- then this deal gives you a time bound opportunity to do so at a greatly discounted cost.
- Coursera’s stable pricing means that it’s a real deal and not a scam
- It’s a wise investment in yourself and your future
- It’s a rare offering that’s simple to redeem
So what are you waiting for?
Coursera Black Friday and Cyber Monday deal FAQ
First month of Coursera Plus for $1 subscription
With the deal, a full annual subscription costs $367, a saving of just under 10%
At midnight on November 24th
Sadly no, this deal is only open to new subscribers
Liz Hurley has 30+ years of high school teaching experience and is one of our senior writers here at Learnopoly.